Monday, October 10, 2011

Spray Hat


Side view of my Spray Hat knit with Rowan Spray - a discontinued yarn. I had knit some mittens out of one skein of this yarn in the Spring and decided I would use my other ball to make a hat to match. This hat took almost exactly one skein of the yarn and it is warm and cozy! The hat pattern was a free pattern on Ravelry called Painted Forest Ribbed Hat. I knit it on size 13 circulars and double points.

How the hat looks from straight on. The fold-up rim on this is ample - so I will be able to really pull it down when the winter chill is biting at me.

This is kind of gross - but I thought I would show what the "bathwater" looked like after I gave my hat a bath with a packet of Soak. Love that product. I will be stocking up on more next time I go to a yarn store. I really need to give all my woolens a wash.

This is what this yarn did to my needles. Can you imagine if I had not rinsed out that dye from the hat (and mittens)? I would have had all that dye coming off on my head, hair and hands. Gross! (And I think I know why the yarn was discontinued....) I am pretty sure the needles are ruined. I am knitting an acrylic black yarn on them now - thinking maybe the friction will rub some of that red off. Yuck.

2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a neat hat, looks wonderful on Roger! I couldn't reply to your comment sorry.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Connie Thank you so much Connie! It's a warm hat - I am sure I will get much wear out of it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...