Saturday, October 22, 2011

Reach up for the Sunrise!

Reach up for the sunrise
Put your hands into the big sky
You can touch the sunrise
Feel the new day enter your life
~(Reach up for the) Sunrise by Duran Duran
 Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Saturday morning! Waking up after a solid 8 hours sleep to a quiet house. It's dark now until about 7:00 in the morning or so - so I had a little over an hour of quiet darkness. Well, quiet except for Emma barking at the deer in our backyard and breaking the silence of our sleepy neighborhood. But that is pretty normal.

Today I had my weight in and I was down 2.2 lbs this week! I was surprised I did so well as I had terrible insomnia this week, lots of stress at work and I only did two work-outs this week rather than the four. So I was trying to prepare myself for a less than stellar weight in this morning, but I guess I didn't need to! :) Yay! So my totals are: On weight watchers I am down just over 15 lbs in 8 weeks, and since my heaviest weight I am down just over 30 lbs! YAY!

I try to notice the little things, so here are some "YAY!" moments with my Health Quest this week.

1. Last weekend we were at a busy grocery store trying to shop. I turned around to grab something and my hubby and I got separated. When he turned around to see where I went to he spotted me and then was like "Wait, is that Jen's butt I am staring at?" (I was bent over some produce.) When I plopped the pear into our cart he looked at me and told me "You have lost enough weight and changed your shape enough that I wasn't sure if that was your butt I was looking at or not!" Um....YAY! Probably one of the best compliments EVER on my weight loss and really the only person who can tell you how your butt is looking is your Significant Other - so ....yeah! NICE!

2. I have been wearing the same belt for quite some time. (I refuse to show crack thank you very much!) Last winter I remember going out and looking for a bigger belt because I was kind of feeling tight on the last hole of my belt. (Not a happy shopping day. I did not end up buying a belt - I decided to just work harder and drop the weight.) Yesterday I went to put my belt on and realized I was on the last loop on the other side of the belt! I have lost inches off my waist and will soon have to switch to a smaller belt so I can still be a crack free vixen. YAY!

3. I have hit the point where I need to stop wearing some clothes because they are starting to look crazy big on my. Yesterday I put on one of my favorite winter long sleep shirts - and it was huge on me. So the pairing down of the closet and the letting go of my old wardrobe has begun!

So, even though this week has been tough, I am pretty pleased with all the positive things that I see in my body. Just need to work on this insomnia stuff.

The tree in my neighbors yard is quickly going bare. I posted a photo of this same tree two weeks ago in my Sunday Snippets and it sure has dropped a lot of leaves since then!
 The seasons are flying along and I even heard the dreaded "S" word in the forecast this week. (S=snow) It's been in the 30's in the mornings this week and I have had to break out my knitwear this week. YAY! I get to wear all the hats and scarves and accessories I have been knitting all year! As much as I loath winter - I do love rocking out my knitting. Wahooo!

Speaking of knitting, here are some pictures of my KAL Cowl I am working on.
Last night I did my first cable repeat on my cowl. It was a bit of a challenge to sit on the love seat with my husband, dog, cat and me trying to knit cables while watching Ghost Adventures too. I decided I would quit after only one repeat because I was getting crabby! This is the front view of the first cable repeat.

And this is the back view of the cable repeat.
I am really enjoying this project, but I have to say I prefer doing a cable when I have less distractions. I have to say I am really not fond of how the pattern is written out. I am happy that it's not just a chart I have to follow, but the directions are abbreviated quite a bit - so I am having to think them out a lot. For example: it states"Row 2 and all (WS) rows...." and then it gives directions for all the (RS) rows so your 10 row cable repeat only ends up having 5 lines of directions. You have to know what row you are on and then find the row it tells you to do instead of spelling out the row you are on. So on row 6 I have to look at the directions for row 2, and then remember I am on row 6 not row 2 when I complete the row and move on to row 7. Add to that the directions for the cable rows refer you to another set of directions - and it gets confusing.  I normally rewrite patterns so that I have the exact directions for each row and can check them off as I go, and I think it was a mistake not to do that with this pattern from the get go. I just always try and work the pattern the first time through as the designer wrote it - so I can really get the feel of what the designer did.

All that aside - I am really loving the product this is making and the KAL experience as a whole.

Time to get out of my jammies and into my work out clothes so I can get my weekend going. Happy weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Annette said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is a gorgeous sunrise! Congrats on a great weigh in! I've been arguing with myself for the last 2 months about going to WW. My weight is at an all time high and I can't seem to lose it by myself. WW has always worked before but I always quit going before reaching goal and then gain all the weight back and then some. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Connie Kresin Campbell said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on your weight loss! That is wonderful and that remark you husband made while shopping is too cute! Your knitting looks wonderful but I can't imagine doing it with that many helpers.

Nicky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congratulations on the weight loss, fantastic! Also the bum comment would of made my day too ... lol. I love the knitting project - it looks warm and snuggly. The weather has turned here too, the central heating is starting to make a regular appearance!

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Annette Thank you Annette! WW has really been working for me. I had no sense of portion control or what a difference all the little stuff had on my weight. (Ok - and the big stuff too. I do love a Snicker bar....)I am feeling so much better every day. I am doing the on-line version of WW which really works perfect for me. (No meetings!) Thank you for all your kind words! Helps keep me motivated! :) Happy Weekend!

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Connie Thank you Connie! I was quite pleased with my weight loss this week and the comment from my husband was one of those things I will replay in my head for some time to come. :) I was getting pretty crabby trying to knit with everyone in the house piled in on a two seater couch. :) I called it quits pretty quick! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for all the nice comments!

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Knitting Nix Thank you so much! I have to say I was pretty thrilled to hear my hind end was looking better. It was funny because he said he looked at me bending over and then had that "Wait - Am I checking out some other woman's butt?!?!" kind of panic moment and then I turned around and he was all "Whew!" Heh. REALLY made my day! ;) Have a wonderful weekend friend! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...