Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 14 of Blogtoberfest

If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot.
Confucius
We had a full moon earlier this week. It was really pretty and I grabbed my camera and snapped a couple shots. Sort of looks like a single hole punch laying on a square of black velvet - but it's the moon, I promise.

I joined my first KAL on Ravelry this morning. Not sure why really. I have never done a KAL and I wasn't all that enamoured with the pattern when I first spotted it on the cover of KnitSimple this month. It's a Vickie Howell pattern and I have always liked her so much. And I have wanted to knit with her yarn - so I guess it was meant to be. I joined the stitchrocklove group on Ravelry and hopped on the KAL wagon for the Cover Cowl. We cast on Wednesday October 19th. I am a big fan of cowl's and I found a color that should go well with my new red wool coat. Now I just have to wait for next Wednesday to roll around..... If anyone wants to join up with me drop me a note.

Oh - and since I needed this yarn to knit the pattern with I ended up at JoAnn's Fabric and Crafts on my lunch hour BUYING MORE YARN. Are you kidding me?!?!? Ugh. My stash is SO going to explode. I might have to join yarnaholics anonymous if I don't knock it off. I laughed with my husband about this once, but when I am dieting and feel deprived I will often find my spending money on yarn increases quite a bit. This week has been a tough week - work outs feel hard, energy level is low, and I WANT food, so I guess it's not surprising I am going a little ballistic on the yarn shopping. Must knock that off though! ;)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...