Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Rainbow! Rainbow!

http://tamisamis.blogspot.com/2013/06/work-in-progress-wednesday-149.html
WIP Wednesday with Tami Amis
I have decided to start participating in WIP Wednesday and FO Friday. Which means an update on my Rainbow! Rainbow! Socks.

Pattern: AfterThought Heel Socks by Laura Linneman  (Free pattern on Ravelry)
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici Sport Self Striping in colorway Southwest
Needle: Size 2 (2.75 mm) double points and circular needles in the same size for the heel and toe



I struggled with getting the ribbing on the needles this time for some reason. Then I remembered the trick of casting on, then knitting back and forth once on a single needle and THEN joining in the round. I pretty much flew after that and I will use the waste yarn to neaten up those two rows I knit flat when I am done with the socks.

I am not a matchy matchy girl, so I am fine with the stripes not matching. Although I would have preferred the ribbing ended at a color change rather than a little way into a color. Not a biggy, but I really liked that about the first sock.

I have really been enjoying this project. I have never made anything on needles this small and I am in awe of the stitches. Having knit a lot of bulky and super bulky items, I find this fabric so delicate and pretty. And I am loving the afterthought heels. Picking up the stitches is a little rough (those holes at the edges! Argh!) but the learning process had been really fun and I am already dreaming of my next socks.

4 comments:

Sandy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm your newest follower, and glad to see you've joined us for WIPW over at Tami's. The socks are awesome...so cheery and soft looking. Someday...someday I will knit socks...my theory is if I say that enough...it will happen, lol. I've purchased DP's...and that's as far as I've gotten.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@SandyHi Sandy! Thank you so much for the lovely comment! I am new to this sock knitting thing, but I am falling in love with it pretty fast! It's hard not to with all the amazing yarns there are to knit with. ;)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love your happy socks :)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Evelyn Thank you Evelyn! I ♥ them too. So happy! ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...