Saturday, June 29, 2013

Most Eggcelent


I have been seeing this on Pinterest for a while now and thought I would give it a go. I am still on Weight Watchers and a hard boiled egg is only 2 points +, so they make a nice snack food. But the thought of boiling them and then peeling them only to get a mess of egg was holding me back.

I took a dozen fresh eggs and grabbed a mini-muffin pan. The eggs sat nicely in the mini pan, so I went with it. 



Preheated the over set at 330° and then put the eggs in the over for 30 minutes. There is no water in the muffin tin - just the eggs.


 When the eggs came out I placed them into an bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking. I left them in the bath for 10 minutes. I had to grab a thick washcloth to grab the eggs out of the pan so I didn't burn my fingers. The pot holder I had was too thick and bare hands = burned hands.



After the 10 minute ice bath I pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl to go in the fridge. According to the Incredible Egg website, you can keep a hard boiled egg in the refrigerator for up to a week safely.  Raw eggs keep longer than hard boiled eggs. (You can read about that HERE if you are interested.)

I had to try one right a way of course. The shell peeled very easily - taking almost none of the egg with it. I sliced it in half and the yolk was cooked perfectly all the way through. I sprinkled a little salt on it and gobbled it up. Delicious!

I am a convert!

2 comments:

Nicky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a clever idea!! I am going to try it since I recently lost my egg timer. I have been trying to comment on your blog for two days but the 'post a comment' link doesn't work if you link to the blog through bloglovin. Weird.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Nicky The eggs are great! I had one sprinkled with salt yesterday and then another on my salad at lunch! Super happy!

I will have to look into the comments issue with bloglovin. I am not too familiar with them - so I am still trying to figure out how everything works. Thanks for the heads up - I would never have known if you hadn't told me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...