Friday, November 16, 2012

What are you making there?


Project Name: What are you making there?
Pattern Name: Erich's A&F Knockoff Hat
Yarn: 50 yards of assorted scraps - mostly Hometown USA by Lion Brand - but some Thick &Quick from Lion Brand might also be in there.
Needle: US 15 for everything but the last two rows where I needed Double Points - US 13 there.
Size: Adult
Love: ♥♥♥♥♥ 5 Hearts = Full of Love!

You can find my Ravelry Project Notes HERE.

This is the first in what I hope will be a respectable sized pile of knit goods that I intend to mail to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation this winter.

I am really happy with how it turned out. While I was knitting it, my hubby leaned over and asked me "What are you making there?" in a manner that made me think he might be interested in having this hat. When it was finished he was excited - but after trying it on declared he "must just not be a hat person." LOL! So I can donate it knowing my hubby had his chance!

And yes - I have my new camera! So I can make with the clicking! YAY!

4 comments:

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great looking hat, I should really get knitting! xxx

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Inthesky Thank you! I am really happy with it and it's one I will be proud to donate instead of feeling like I am giving away something I am a little less happy with. :)

Yes..... You must knit... the call of yarn is strong in this one...
(lol!)

Shanti said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for your comment about my potholder.
I love the colors you picked for the hat! what a great way to use scraps of yarn.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Shanti Thank you Shanti! Your potholder is wonderful. I am fascinated by Double knitting - I think it is in my near future! ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...