Saturday, December 28, 2013

Monkey Mittens 2013


I try to knit a pair of mittens for my niece (aka: "Monkey" ) every Christmas. This is a picture I took of this years mittens before I sent them off.

Yarn: 87.9 yards of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Stripes in the colorway "Tigers"
Needles: US 10 - 6.0 mm
Pattern: Wool-Ease Mittens by Stephanie Taylor

This is the 5th time I have made this pattern and I just love it. It's really easy and the results are wonderful.

You notice I used 87.9 yards of yarn? The Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Stripes comes in a skein with 87 yards. So yeah - I had to use less than a yard of the second skein. Add to this that I wanted to start the second mitten on the opposite color of the first - and my left overs turned into three balls of just under one skein's worth of yarn. Sort of a bummer, but what are you going to do? If I had made the cuffs a little shorter and hadn't cared about how the yarn lay - I would have been able to do this in one skein. But I was picky about how the thumbs were and I wanted the mittens to be kind of opposite.

Love how they turned out and my niece was happy to get them as always. WIN!

2 comments:

Anita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a super idea to switch the colours around!!! The mittens look groovy girl.
Cheers, Anita.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Anita Thank you Anita! I am really happy with how they turned out and my niece loved them!

Happy New Year friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...