Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lovely (?) Lavender Hat


Project Name: Lovely Lavender Hat
Pattern Name: Big Chunky Comfy Hat by Erica Kempf on Ravelry (Free Pattern)
Yarn: Hometown USA in Seattle Sea Mist (66.4 Yards used)
Needle: 11
Size: adult-ish (may fit a child better)
Love: ♥♥♥ Only 3 out of 5 loves on this.

You can find my Ravelry Project Notes HERE.

I thought it would be fun to try a different pattern so I gave this one a go. It turned out a little awkward in length for me. It's a little too long all the way down unless I have a ponytail on under the hat. Then it's perfect. It's too short if I roll the brim up. So yeah.  A little off.

The other thing I am not in love with is the decrease section. I thought the ribs would just thin out - but it ended up looking really sloppy. Not sure if that was my execution or the pattern. I followed the pattern exactly so I could see how it turned out, and I would make this again but modified. I would add length to the body and rim area so you could get a nice flip over, and I would change the decrease section so it looked smoother.

I think this is hat three for the charity box I am making. A LOOOOOONG way to go to get it filled up - but it's fun to do!

♦ That's my cat Izzi that made it into most of the photo's this time.♦

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I do like the colour you have used, you've done a better job than me as I wouldn't be able to knit a hat,

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@All4MeggyMoo Thank you Meggy! The hat is warm and I like the color too. I just wish I had thought out the size a bit better. ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...