Monday, September 24, 2012

Oops! I guess your a blanket now

 
You know how you grab a random ball of yarn out of your stash and think you will quick make a charity scarf? Well that's what I started here and it just sort of exploded on me and turned into a blanket I cannot part with. This is crocheted out of Paton's Divine and JoAnn's Angel Hair yarn (see more details on how much, etc on my Ravelry Project Page) and it is fluffy and light and just wonderful to curl up under. I have been rather obsessed with it and knocked this out in about 10 days. My wrist is none to happy with me, but I can curl up under my new blanket while I complain about it!
 
Bonus that I got 8 large balls of yarn out of my stash by making this as well. (Woot woot!) I crocheted this with a size (P) crochet hook and it was just under 1000 yards when I finished. I curled up under it last night while watching Bar Rescue and it was really warm but really light weight. Just love it!
 
Already I am looking at my stash and wondering what I can whip into a blanket next!

6 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

And a lovely blanket too! loving the colours & yay to stash busting :)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@All4MeggyMoo Thank you! I am quite pleased with how it came out and love that it ate a bunch of stash up! :) Win Win!

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope the wrist has stopped complaining...tis a lovely blanket and it looks very appreciated. :) x

Kat McNally said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi LiteraryLadybug, that blankie does look pretty scrumptious!
Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
Kat xxx

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Inthesky Thank you! It is improving. Of course if I would stop crocheting all the time - for some reason that really kills my wrist! But I really love how quickly one can whip stuff out with crochet... so ... Yeah. Ouch! ;)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Kat @ I Saw You Dancing OOOOH! Thanks for stopping in and letting me know. I will have to pop over and take a look at the site. Thanks for stopping in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...