Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Busy day!

I had a very busy day today! I woke up at 3:00 this morning and could not go back to sleep so I got up. As is the hazard of getting less than enough sleep, I ended up buying a little something something on-line. (Oops!) More on that when it arrives. Insomnia is getting expensive!

Since I was up early I decided to go in to work a little early. And then I had the "Can't stand my job-idis" hit and ended up taking a half vacation day. (Again - Insomnia and impulse control!) On the way home I stopped at a gas station and filled my car up and got a MUCH needed car wash. Then home to a light lunch and a hello to the hubby and kitty. I then made an appointment to get my hair cut this Friday (WOOT!) and managed to get my dog in to the vet today! Love it when I can get an immediate appointment! So Emma got poked and prodded. She has put on a little weight since last time (She was 34 lbs and is now 37) but she gets less running time in the winter. We are naughty parents and don't take her for many walks. Partly because she is cold sensitive and mostly because we are lazy people.


Emma was great at the vet and is in really good health. She has a cyst that showed up a couple months ago - which they said to watch - but that they didn't think anything needed to be done at this point. So yay for that! I picked up her heart worm and her flea and tick stuff while I was there since there are already reports of ticks! That is insane!

One other thing I did today was to organize my cowl bin. I have this in my closet in my den and it's been just a hot mess. Today I got fed up and dumped the whole thing out on my table and sorted it out. I had not only cowls in here but headbands, a pair of slippers, a pair of leg warmers, several hats, several scarves... it was a mess.


And I have a few things in there that I really should just donate or ... something. I know when I made this pink and black striped cowl I was thinking ooh la la french something. Yeah. I never wear this because it's just straight up a hot mess. This might actually be a cute purse with the right lining? Or a good item to go in the donation bin. :)


 In the end I have all my cowls neatly folded in the large bin and the smaller bin is all headbands and one pair of leg warmers that I had no idea where to put. This is MUCH better! I actually tried on several of my cowls that I didn't love before and found that they look much better (and fit much better) on me now that I have dropped a few lbs. YAY for that!


And to top all this off I hit the treadmill on my new program tonight. I have been struggling with wanting to hit the treadmill lately. So when I was watching the Biggest Loser this week I had the thought of changing my approach to the treadmill. So now I am going to do 5K (which is only 3.1 miles!) every time and I am going to try and do my best every time - pushing my speed and my length of runs and so forth. I am hoping to get to the point where I can jog the whole thing. This is just shocking to me. I spent years telling people I would only run if I had a bear chasing me, and now I am trying to get to where I can run on my own - without the aid of giant hostile wildlife spurring me on! Who the heck am I turning into?!?! :)

If anyone reading this has any treadmill tips or motivations that work for you I would love to hear them!

In the meantime - I am off to a MUCH needed shower. ;)

13 comments:

Sandra (Cherry Heart) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Busy day indeed! Looks like some good work got done - feels good doesn't it?

S x

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Sandra (Cherry Heart) I am loving these mini cleaning projects. It makes it so much more do-able when you do a bit here and a bit there. Bite sized chunks! :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wauv, you have done a lot.

Nicky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are a rockstar!! xx

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Susses spindehj�rne Thank you so much! I am happy you stopped in to my blog. I popped over to your blog too and am enjoying reading it! :) Take care new friend!

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Knitting Nix I didn't intend the day to go that way. Almost felt manic, ya know? Glad I made use of the energy burst though!

Annette said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm tired just reading about your busy day!! Good for you getting on the treadmill. Half the battle is getting started!

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Annette Isn't that the truth! I have a hard time sticking to a routine with exercise. I have been focused better these last few months - but I have definitely hit a stall point in my motivation and will power lately.

Hippywitch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Whoa, slow down! That's one busy day, tires me out just thinking about it :-)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Hippywitch I love days like that as you get SO much done - but I was a total slug the next two days, so I guess it balances out. :)

Catherine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I run on the treadmill too...sometimes!! LOL! I find interval training on it is good as I don't get bored and it develops your stamina quite quickly. Here is a link I found to a good guide..http://ittybitsofbalance.com/2011/07/13/beginners-running-interval-treadmill-workout/
Hope this works! Cx

Catherine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

P.S Thanks for the award. I have been a bit lax on my blog lately and haven't written about it yet! Will get round to it! Cx

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Catherine OOH! Thanks for the treadmill tip. I will head over there and check it out. It was interesting running on the tread mill. I can't say I loved it - but I think it did some good things for me and maybe I will learn to love it? :) Still prefer my Zumba to the treadmill - but I really want to keep myself challenged and working at Super Jen. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...