Thursday, December 8, 2011

Treadmill Afghan Part 2: an Update

Tonight I knit the last square for my second Treadmill Afghan!


I started these squares on 6/4/2011 and it took me an hour on the treadmill to knit each square. Unlike the last afghan, (which I am still assembling, eh hem) I sketched out a pattern for this one and kept it in a specific color range. The design will be 9 squares wide and 9 squares tall - so I ended up knitting 81 squares for this afghan (81 hours on the treadmill....)

I have been wanting to exercise harder on my treadmill so I am VERY happy to be done with this aspect of the project. And yet.... I feel just a little sad because I probably won't knit on the treadmill anymore and really - it was a huge impetus in getting my life back on track.

And now I have two afghan's that need to be assembled. Oy vey!

2 comments:

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is such a brilliant idea, there is no way you could get me on a tread mill, but to combine yarn with exercise is genius to me...second only to combining exercise and chips!!! :) x I used to ride a tandem with my Dad, I just sat on the back drinking and waving at folks, I could have crocheted....

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Inthesky
OOOH! A tandem bike with the person in front doing all the work! Clever! That sounds like lots of fun! I really enjoyed knitting on the treadmill, I might have to do some small projects on it again someday, but for now I am kind of happy it's over! ;)Thanks for the comment - have a wonderful weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...