Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wine about Winter Mitts

I do a lot of knitting with Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn. Both of my Tread Mill afghans have been knit from this yarn and I use the left overs from these afghans for lots of fast projects. I recently came across this free pattern Easy Half Mitten 106 on Ravelry.


This is a great pattern! It used up slightly more than a half skein of yarn (under 70 yards) and the mitts fit wonderfully. The yarn is really thick so I know these will keep me warm while I work on the computer this winter.


 I really like the thumb on this pattern. It's worked in pattern so you don't end up having to do some complicated gusset. It's very simple and yet very clever. I really like it!


I am fairly pleased with the length of these. The top ribbing stops just under my knuckles, which is pretty perfect for working on the keyboard. You don't want it going too high or it constricts motion in the pinkie finger.

If I made these for myself again I might be tempted to go down a needle size in the body - but for speed and simplicity of pattern - maybe not. Whipping through the whole thing on one size of double points is pretty easy.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...