Thursday, October 27, 2011

KAL Cowl Complete!

My First KAL is over and I am VERY pleased with the results! The cowl took just under 300 yards of worsted yarn (2 strands held together) and I am soooo looking forward to wearing this when old man winter stomps on my nuts this winter. (Just kidding, I don't have any nuts!)

In this photo, Emma gives me pleading eyes and begs me to stop making her model my knitting. Sorry Em's. It's the price you pay for being so darn cute!

Here you can see that it has cables and that I found the largest door knobbiest buttons imaginable. I really love the buttons.

And here is a terrible picture of me standing in the bathroom and taking a picture and hoping I don't cut off half my head and that the zit on my chin isn't too noticeable... Drat. It totally is. Look at the cowl people - DO NOT FOCUS ON THE HUMONGO ZIT! (that worked right?)

And because I get goofy after I have been awake 15+ hours, here is the sheep in my den/craft room wearing my cowl. Feel free to gawk at all the crap in the background - Most of the time the background stuff is more interesting than the actual photographed object. Not this time of course, but sometimes.
Happy Knitting!     Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Nicky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely cowl, it looks really soft and cozy :) So, what's next on the needles??

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you! I am working on some half mitts in Brown Sheep Bulky yarn at the moment. I have lots of this yarn laying around my house (It's what I use to knit my treadmill afghans) so I was thinking I might make several pair for Christmas gifts!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cowl!! I read your notes on Ravelry, then jumped to you here, and I'm bookmarking you now! I'll be back!

But here, on 12/5, I CANNOT FIND THE MAGAZINE anywhere!! No store, no library, no nuttin. I've studied your pix, trying to invent my own version, but I'm hesitant after deciding that the ribbings on each end might differ (?)
Any Suggestions?
Does some store near you still have it lying around? (ha!)
Anyway, LOVELY work, and cute dog!!!
~Susan in Ohio... shirc4@embarqmail.com

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Anonymous Thanks for the kind words! I sent you an e-mail to the address you provided with some helps. Let me know if it doesn't go through or if you are still stuck. There is a great forum on Ravelry where they pretty much talk out the whole pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/stitchrocklove/1862838/626-650#633

Thanks for the comment and let me know how the cowl goes! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...