Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!



Can you believe it? 2015 is here! I find that amazing. 2014 went by in a blink. It was a really busy year at our house with new jobs, school, a certification exam, two surgeries on our dog Emma, and lots of knitting. 

When I went to Ravelry and clicked on the projects for 2014 I was surprised by how few projects I had completed when I compared it to other years.



I feel like in previous years I had more projects because I was knitting larger yarn, larger needles, and more hats. This year I managed to finish 6 pair of socks.  Two pair below are knit in worsted weight (Large picture and 2nd picture on right side), one is bulky (purple slipper socks), the blue socks on the lower corner are sport weight, and the two socks under the large photo are fingering weight.  



So according to Ravelry in 2014:


I used 2,684 yards of yarn in 14 projects 

6 projects were socks and I used 1,333 yards of yarn on those.

6 projects were charity and I used 1,169 yards on those projects

1 hot water bottle cozy with 124 yards

1 Malabrigo hat with 58 yards.



 I know I will beat all those totals next year. Can’t wait to get started!  

       


Have a happy, healthy, and safe 2015 everyone!




2 comments:

Beth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your projects look great and I think you accomplished a lot. There are a lot of stitches in a pair of socks! (FeltLikeKnitting from the Pine Ridge group)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Beth Hi Beth! Thanks so much for popping in to my blog and leaving a comment!

I am somewhat new to sock knitting and I am always amazed when they turn out and I have SOCKS! It still seems like magic to me.

Hope all is well with you and thanks again for the comment!

~Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...