Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Your Knitting Or Crochet Hero (3KCBWDAY3)

I thought I would feature one designer here today that I really enjoy. Martina Behm (Maltina on Ravelry) is probably best known for her pattern Hitchhiker. (The pattern has been in my queue on Ravelry for a very long time!) But she has a bunch of wonderful patterns and one of my favorites is a free pattern on Ravelry called 22.5 Degrees. It's one of my go-to patterns and I am currently on my Fourth incarnation of it. Below are pictures of the two I made to completion (one went the way of the frog pond - and the Fourth is still on the needles.)


This first one I named Love Carnival and it is made from one skein of Rowan Colourscape Chunky in the color "Carnival". It is thick and warm and I just love the colors! This knit up quickly on size 11 needles and I loved it so much that I quickly cast on another one in the same brand of yarn but larger and a different colorway.

And that would be this guy -  made from 1.75 skeins of Rowan Colourscape Chunky and this one I called 2 Cherries Shawl as the it is made from 2 skeins of the colorway Cherry. (I am Soooo imaginative with the names!) Again on Size 11 needles and another fast knit.

The pattern calls for sock yarn but it's very adaptable to any yarn. It's really simple and I cast on my most recent version in Noro Silk Garden Lite for a car trip. (It's a wonderful travel pattern.) I have gotten a lot of wear out of both of these and suspect I will make oodles more.

2 comments:

Hippywitch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooo pretty, love the two cherries colours

Lori x

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Hippywitch That yarn is just yummy! I loved working with it sooooo much! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...