Monday, April 9, 2012

Vacation Hang-over

As is so often the case, I did not get NEARLY enough done on my week off. I could make a list of things I had wanted to get done and didn't - but that seems kind of like kicking myself. I mean really - I did have to go back to work today and face "Monday after a vacation" which is just a bummer.

So I thought I would take a few posts to "catch-up" what I have been up to the last week.

My first biggy was going to the Salon for a trim and my first professional hair-color! After 25-30 years of abusing my hair with Sun in, Peroxide, food coloring (don
t ask!) and every brand of boxed hair color I could get my hands on, I decided I wanted to start getting my hair done professionally. My thoughts behind this were partly that as I get more and more grey in my hair, I find I either have to color A LOT more (which I never do) or I get the skunk line in the middle of my head. The bugger is that it doesn't look bad to me, and then someone will take a picture with a harsh flash and I will suddenly realize how bad my hair looks! So I talked to my hair person and we decided to go for a Full Foil on my first time out and then we will do partial touch ups for the next couple times (faster and cheaper).


 
You KNOW I had to take a phone pic of myself with my head all foiled out! As you can see - there is still a lot of hair not in the foil - so I am using less dye on my head and will have some natural grow out in there.


And here is me all gussied up AND WITH BANGS! That's right! Not only did I get my hair did, I got me some snazzy Spring bangs! I have to say I feel cute and super Spring fresh. Very happy with the new look and so pleased that I spent the money on myself! I have gotten a lot of positive comments about my new look - which helps too.

I spent many years being defined by my obesity and trying to NOT attract attention, so this is a big brave new world for me. I am proud of all the hard work I have been doing on making myself stronger and healthier, so I feel I was do a little make over.

I had also hoped to get to my nails this week - but I pretty much just filed them down and gave them a clear coat. One of these nights after work I will have to give my fingers and toes some bold happy spring color. Sandal weather is pretty much here!

2 comments:

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a posh Barnet! (Barnet Fair is Cockney rhyming slang for hair :) I was just thinking of getting up early tomorrow and going to the hair dressers I am long overdue. I have also been wondering about a fringe (bangs). I am also going to be giving weight watchers a go this week! Bleurggh! I have a new swimsuit on it's way. If I had room in the house I would do the old crochet on a treadmill routine, much more my 'cup of tea'. You are an inspiration and you is lookin good girl! :)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Inthesky Something about Spring makes Bangs so attractive to me. Maybe it's the months of hat wearing? I am so happy I took the plunge and got bangs. My Hair person kind of tried to talk me out of it and after she did it said "I was wrong! They are so cute!" Oh man - Swimsuit season. EEEEP! I need to go try mine on and see if any of my sizes fit! I have three sizes in my closet. Heh. Tells you how much bouncing my weight has been doing.
Yay for joining Weight Watchers! I am so happy I joined. I wish you really big success! Thank you so much for all the compliments. Started my morning with a big smile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...