Sunday, February 5, 2012

Frosted Pines


We are having a really warm winter this year. I am loving the lack of arctic temps and the lack of snow. This weekend we had fog overnight that froze to everything. When I let the dog out this weekend I was greeted with frosted Pine Trees in our back yard. It was so pretty! Later when it warmed a little and a breeze would go through the tree's it "snowed" off of the trees. It was kind of magic.


I snapped a shot of Emma just as she blinked. Go figure. She has been enjoying running around in the yard this winter with out freezing her paws off. We still have months of winter left so we might still get some serious snow and cold, but to have made it this far and still see grass in the back yard is pretty remarkable.


On the knitting front, I finished knitting, sewing in the ends, soaking and am now blocking my Yelcho Feather & Fan scarf. I did the trick with folding my scarf in half and using a rolled up towel to block it in a smaller space. I just know if I lay this on the floor in the basement with all those fun colored pins I would be rushing my cat to the vet with any number or terrible ailments. This seems less likely if I have this up on the table. I am doing a light blocking - only pinning on the ends and then the towel at the center is pulled up somewhat firmly.


I am anxious for it to be done done. I can't wait to wear it! The pattern was so easy and would be very adaptable to a shawl or blanket. Definitely a keeper! I think this will be used a lot to work down some of my single skeins in my stash. Hopefully I will have a picture of me modeling it in here very soon.

2 comments:

Suebanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

the scarf has turned out lovely. I love the look of winter, but not really the cold that goes with it. Maybe I'm just getting old.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Suebanna Thank you so much! I am quite pleased with how my scarf turned out.

And I agree about winter, Pretty but so cold! :( Cold is harder every year. I suspect I will have to turn into a snowbird one day and fly South every winter. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...