Tuesday, February 21, 2012

And then some Veggie Soup

Sunday I was still in a cooking mood so I made a huge pot of Veggie Soup. I started with a bunch of broth and then cut up a red pepper, 2 zucchini, a bag of shredded cabbage, a bunch of mini carrots, an onion, a bag of broccoli, ( I know -  A bag - I was lazy!) and half a lemon that I did bother to cut and juice. (Awesome smell - a REAL simple pleasure that!)


The house smelled so good! Steaming boiling veggie yum! I let it cook for an hour or so, and then I went crazy with my Immersion blender. Yeah - I love that thing!

I ate a steaming bowl before I put them all in freezer safe containers. YUM! It was almost a little sad to chop all those veggies down to nothing. But I got over it quick. I have this theory that it will be easier to digest broccoli and cabbage if it's cooked to within an inch of it's life and then chopped to high hell. :) Yup. Way easier to digest cabbage you can drink.


I put a little cracked pepper on top of each one before I froze them. Yum! I am SO Betty Crocker lately! WOOT!

2 comments:

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Campbells Soup move over, I can see an industry developing, I do love your frozen initiative. Very healthy and thrifty. :) Win win!

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think I need to figure out something other than soups I can use my Blender on. I am kind of up to my ears in it at this point! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...