Thursday, October 18, 2012

More Coffee Please!

 
Well I have just been having a grand old time making up coffee cuffs from left over scraps around my house. The cuff above is made form left over Berocco Borealis yarn that I made my mittens from about a week ago.  And the cuff below is the left over yarn from my Slope hat made from Chloe & Spud Outer.
 
The Borealis cuff I decided to alternate a seed stitch with a stockinette. I like ribbed coffee cuffs because they grab the cup better - but I get tired of the standard ribbed look. I thought this would be a nice change and it worked out well. I will include my pattern notes for this one below and you can also find them on my Pattern notes on Ravelry.

 
The spud cozy is just a simple seed stitch pattern. I used under 11 yards of this yarn on size 17 needles. Cast on 8 stitches and worked seed stitch until I ran out of yarn. I stretched it a bit to get it to fit the mug - but it grips nicely! Simple wip stitch the ends together. Easy as pie! You can find my notes for this on Ravelry as well.
 
Pattern for Coffee Cuff a'la Borealis
 
Size 10 needles.
Cast on 12 stitches.
I did seed stitch with chunks of stockinette to give it a little bit of a ribbed effect without being a traditional rib. The one I made took less than 20 yards (18 meters) of Berocco Borealis yarn.
  1. k1,p1 across
  2. p1, k1 across
  3. k1,p1 across
  4. p1, k1 across
  5. k1,p1 across
  6. p1, k1 across
  7. k1,p1 across
  8. p1, k1 across
  9. knit across 10 purl across
  10. knit across
  11. purl across
I repeated these 12 rows 3 times. Then I measured against my coffee cup and I was a little short, so I added a row or two more of stockinette, and then added a little more seed stitch until it fit around the mug perfect. Then I bound off and wip stitched it together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What lovely idea, I may have to make one for my cup.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@All4MeggyMoo Thank you! I am using the green "Spud" cozy right now. It's keeping the coffee hot and it makes me happy to have my knitting at use. :) Win win!

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh yes more coffee here too please. :)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Inthesky Hee hee! I can't think of a time I wouldn't agree with that! MORE COFFEE! WOOT! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...