Monday, January 23, 2012

RIP - WIP

Last Spring I took some left over Dream in Color Classy yarn and decided I would try the Fetching pattern on Ravelry. (I believe I got it when it was a free pattern on Knitty.) I was loving it until I bound off the upper edge (Which seemed to bloom out and roll down) and the thumb addition. I thought the construction was very clever - and written well enough. But my construction of this was really lacking. My thumb was really holey and sloppy. It just wasn't well made. **sigh**




I told myself I just needed to do some quality finish work on it and it would look wonderful. I told myself NOT to have single sock syndrome and to JUST KNIT THE 2ND ONE UP! You know how it is though. I paid no attention to my inner voice. I shoved the project bag in another project bag and through a bunch of yarn on top of it all. Go Away! I silently willed it. You make me sad!



Well this weekend I bit the bullet and cleaned out the storage cube ottoman thingy where this and many other knitting projects went to die. I finally had enough time away from knitting this to know it was time to let it go. Rip Rip Rip. Hopefully you will be reincarnated into something wonderful.

2 comments:

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are brave, I hate frogging! I would have stitched the thumb and made do! Very pretty yarn I hope you turn in to something lovely that you are very happy with :)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hate frogging too! I just know I won't knit a second crappy mitten with this lovely yarn. So it's better to frog the first and make something I will like out of it then to walk around with one crap mitt. :) Not that I would have. I would have stuffed it back in the bag and "hid it" somewhere for another 6 months or longer! I am sneaky like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...