Thursday, November 21, 2013

Malabrigo Mittens


I finally have a finished project to share! I haven't had a ton of knitting time lately, but Winter is here (it's snowing out RIGHT now) and my hands have already started to crack and bleed, so mittens seem like a good thing to make. Here are the details:
 

Project name: Malabrigo Mittens
Pattern Name: Wool-Ease Mittens by Stephanie Taylor (A free pattern on Ravelry)
Yarn: 85.3 yards (82 grams) of Malabrigo Chunky Yarn
Needles: US 10 (6.0 mm)
Size made: Large


I have made mittens from this pattern several times now. It's a great stash buster and the mittens work up pretty darn quick. It's just hard to go wrong with a chunky mitten! I know knitting a heavy wear item like a mitten from Malabrigo is just asking for it. I suspect these guys will look like pilled up messes before the winter is over, but for the time being I am enjoying these soft and warm mits!. Some times you just have to go for it!

2 comments:

Anita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I do love your model, how pretty with the hat on!! lol. Love the mitts. Our weather is worlds apart, you are having snow we have 33C today.
Cheers, Anita.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Anita Isn't she sweet? Although I don't think mittens impress her much. I think she is jealous of my thumbs? ;)

We do have a big temperature difference between us! Right now it's -6.1C here. Brrrrr! I can't imagine 33C right now! We won't see that again for 7 or 8 months!

Thanks for stopping in and commenting Anita. Always get a smile from you! :)
☺ Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...