Friday, August 1, 2014

Finished Project: Socksocksocksocksock

I finished another pair of socks! YAY! This is the second pair I finished this year. GO ME!


Pattern: Sock Recipe: A Good, Plain Sock by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Project: Socksocksocksocksock
Cast on: June 15, 2014
Bind off: July 30, 2014
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in Building Blocks (288 yards)
Needle: Size 2 Double Points

Am in love with them. This yarn is great and I love striping socks and I love the colors in these socks. I wish this yarn had not been discontinued! The only bummer about this project is that the second skein of yarn had dye speckles throughout the skein, so there was some sort of heathering/speckled look. Kind of tweedy.


The above picture shows what I mean. There was dye splotches through out this skein. Annoying - but I didn't notice it until I was well into the sock and I was NOT going to rip it back at that point!


As much as I love these socks, I am even more in favor of doing an afterthought heel in self-striping yarn. The heels look fine (I did Eye of Partridge), but I really like how an afterthought works with the striping yarn. You don't get the thin stripes around the ankle like you do when you work a more standard heel. But all in love, I consider these a success and am quite pleased!

4 comments:

Kate Essex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Every time I see someone's new socks in this color, I want to cry because I never bought it when KnitPicks had it in stock, and it looked kind of ugly in the "display skein" they showed on the site. But it's so cute as socks! Ugh I'm jealous. And also we'll have to figure out a new favorite self-striping sock yarn. I really liked the consistency of the Felici stripes. WHAT ARE WE TO DO? While you think on that, I should probably update my blog. I almost overdrafted my checking account again....at two different yarn stores, on three occasions. I think I need a 12-step program. Or Etsy gift cards. Actually there is a lot of awesome self-striping sock yarn on Etsy. I think I found our solution.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Boston Knitter I can't believe they discontinued that yarn! I have knit a bunch of socks with it now and it was really good yarn! I agree the Building Blocks colorway did not look like much in skein form - but there are some really cute creations made from it on Ravelry! Sorry you missed out on it. Etsy is hard on my checkbook! There are some wonderful yarns dyers selling there yarns on the site and I have a hard time resisting. :) I just added a few skeins to my stash as well. There is always some new wonderful yarn I have to try!

Anita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I wish I had those socks on my feet right now!!!! It's freezer here!!!!
Cheers, Anita.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@AnitaStay warm Anita! You have to be approaching Spring soon! Think warm thoughts. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...