all4meggymoo bestowed the Sunshine Award on me! How kind!
1. Thank the blogger that awarded you. (Thank you Meggy!)
2. Answer 10 questions about your favourite
things. (see Below!)
3. Nominate 10 blogs & let them
know. (See below below! And yeah -I sort of stink at rules...)
1. Favourite animal. I am pretty obsessed with my dog Emma and my cat Izzi. They both show up a lot in my blog and I love them like crazy.
2. Favourite number. 13. I have a soft spot for the number 3 and the number 4 as well - but 13 is the big winner.
Favourite non alcoholic drink. Venti Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks. It's like crack and it only counts for 3 points plus on Weight Watchers! WIN!
4. Facebook or Twitter. A big NO on those. Never did Twitter and I cancelled the crap out of my facebook account as it seems to be an excuse to be an ass for most of my "friends". (Although I miss Farmville often!)
5. My Passion. Knitting. Yarn. And lately crochet has been creeping in! Love all things fiber yummmmmmm.
6. Getting or giving.
Giving. Although getting a nice gift is pretty flipping awesome too!
7. Favourite Pattern(s). I have a few I make over and over:
22.5 degrees (shawlette) by Martina Behm pattern on Ravelry.
Baktus scarf by Strikkelise on Ravelry.
Handspun Beanie by Woolie Wormhead on Ravelry.
Easy Malabrigo Hat by Karen Grover on Ravelry.
Warmest Mittens by Kris Percival
8. Favourite day of the week. Friday! Coming home from work on Friday night I almost always have a smile. Surviving a work week. And Friday nights are usually lazy and often end with us piling in bed and watching Ghost Adventures. My hubby will do his family research on his computer and I will knit or hook the hours away until I fall off to sleep. And it's the only day I can really let myself sleep as long as I want - so Saturday's are often a really good second to Friday for Awesome. :)
9. Favourite Flower. Peony. I just love them. They are so pretty and the scent is amazing on them.
Country. USA. I haven't travelled to many other countries, and I don't think a couple hours in Canada, or a week's vacation in Mexico or Jamaica allow for really knowing the country. Since I have spent 40 years in the USA I have had the chance to crawl around on it's landscape a little bit and we have some amazing things here. And really, is there anything more wonderful than home? That being said - I hope to travel more some day. I would love to see New Zealand and pretty much all of Europe! I have barely touched Canada - so I would love to explore our Neighbor to the North more too.
OK. I struggle with this because:
a) obviously I love all the blogs I follow.
b) And I love getting awards because it's so nice to have someone say "Hey - I think you rock!" but....
c) these awards sort of scream "chain letter" to me. And I kind of have that squirmy feeling when I nominate people. Like I am inviting them to a free steak dinner and then I try to sell them steak knives for two hours.
SO, I will say that the blogs I read are wonderful and I would happily nominate any of them for this award. If any of the bloggers whose blogs I read DO read this (huh?)- I would be more than honored by you claiming The Sunshine Award from me. :)